bioView3D is an open source and cross-platform application intended for biologists to visualize 3D stack (laser scanning confocal, etc.) imagery. It runs on Windows, MacOS X and Linux.
- Cross-platform with binaries for Windows, Mac, Linux
- Reads many bio image and video formats
- Reads meta-data from BioRad PIC, TIFF, Metamorph STK (uncompressed and LZW compressed), Fluoview TIFF, Carl Zeiss LSM 5, PSIA TIFF, Nanoscope II/III
- Has two modes of rendering: textures and voxels
- On-the-fly 3D visualization (mapping/enhancement) of multi-channel data
- Export of fly-over video to several popular formats: QuickTime, WMV, AVI, Flash, MPEG1/2/4, etc.
- Visualization of graphical annotations: XML GObjects
Please, refer to our paper if you use this software.
- Quick start and configuration, video tutorials and sample datasets
- Create ticket (bug-reports/enhancements)
- Changelog (Version history)
Examples of video export